Getting advanced with Google...
We are now coming into our third year of being a Google Apps for EDU school. Staff are becoming increasingly proficient at using the Google tools. But I still frequently come across people who aren't aware of the full power of the package. In light of this, I have set up two hour-long sessions for staff to show them some of the things that might help them further with their jobs.
These are the things I'm going to show them:
- Google classroom
- Labs in calendar
- Appointment slots in Google calendar
- How to import the school calendar into your own Google calendar
- How to import a two week timetable into Google calendar
- Labs in e-mail
- Updates to Google drive - office compatibility mode
- Import HMTL function in sheets
- Mail merging from a spreadsheet
- Google shortcut key-presses
- Google translate
- Managing your drive including placing a file in two places
- Tracking the activity of files in the new Drive