Apps and Widgets for Oswestry Staff INSET April 2014
Sue and I went on a course at which we met the indefatigable @timrylands. It is to him I must give much of the credit for the list of useful sites, apps and widgets that appear below:
- Padlet- online collaboration
- RealtimeBoard - a great place to organise all your teaching and to work collaboratively.
- Tag Galaxy - great for brainstorming themes
- Multicolr - applications in art and design?
- Simple English Wikipedia - applications for EAL, SEN (everybody in fact!)
- InstaGrok - an alternative to Google for searching
- Build your wild self - applications for creative writing?
- 360 panoramas - Mali malaria
- Retronaut - photos of the past with a difference like these picture of WW2 in colour
- Nice translator - great for the cosmopolitan mix of pupils that is Oswestry School!
- Ambient mixer set the mood in your classroom!
- Hyperlapse - rid yourself of the frustrations of street view
- Streetview stereographic - build your own world!
- 360 cities - a similar theme
- Tagxedo - Wordle with a difference
- Your weight on other worlds - one for the physicists
- The scale of the universe - really nice
- Cell size and scale - amazing!
- Stellarium - a free open soure planetarium
- Wikisky - exlore the Galaxy
- Autodesk homestyler - never have a bored weekend again!
- Mozilla Thimble - make something amazing on the web, learn HTML etc.
- Switch Zoo - create your own animal